Sunday, September 21, 2008

Greek Pasta Salad

I wanted to put a picture of this up because it is so pretty, but our camera has gone awol. Anyway, I made a Greek pasta salad today. I LOVE Greek salads with feta and kalamata olives, but they are usually pretty calorie-laden. This one is too, but a 1 cup serving is about 4 points compared to 8 or 9. I admit it's a little "pointsy" for a whole meal, but I'm going to grill up some talapia for dinner tomorrow and have it as a side - YUM!!

1 14.5 oz box Ronzoni Smart Taste rotini
1 red bell pepper, chopped
3 green onions, sliced
1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
1 4 oz. container of feta cheese (next time I'll try fat free)

Dressing:
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
3 tbsp. olive oil
1-2 tsp. dried rosemary
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 pinch sugar
1 pinch salt

Mix the dressing and pour it over the other ingredients. Serve chilled. Makes 10 1-cup servings of 4 points each. This would also be good with cucumbers and/or grape tomatoes. Then you could up the serving size a little.

No comments: