Friday, August 8, 2008

Lunch

Today for lunch, I decided that I was tired of my usual turkey sandwich. So.. I got creative with some stuff I had on hand and this is what became of it:

I just threw together a can of black beans (drained & rinsed), a can of chicken, about a cup of frozen corn, and some purple onion. I sprinkled on some lime juice, salt, cumin and cayenne and poof! There was lunch! As you can see in the picture, I spooned it over some romaine and served it with fat free sour cream. It was indeed yummy, nutritious, fast, filling, and low-calorie. Everything you could want in a lunch. (Makes 3 servings of 4 points each!)

UPDATE: This is a LOT better with imitation crab instead of canned chicken. Add fresh cilantro too! We had the crab version with baked corn tortilla chips instead of lettuce.

Then, of course, it was time for dessert. I have to do a product plug on this one. Jello Dark Chocolate Raspberry Sugar-Free pudding cups (with a squirt of Cool Whip!). Found in the refrigerator section. They are usually expensive, but they were on sale and I had a coupon so we tried them out. They might become a must-have for me. Very yummy and cool on a hot summer day with only 60 calories!

No comments: