Friday, August 8, 2008

WW Update

Just thought I'd give a little update on my Weight Watchers progress. I have lost 17 pounds since Jan 1st (10 pounds since I announced I was trying to lose 15). So, that means I have just 5 pounds left to lose in order to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. My goal was to do that by July 12th and I think I'm still on track. It's so nice to finally be able to fit into some of my non-maternity clothes!

Weight Watchers has been great. I really don't even feel like I've made that many changes to my diet. I'm just more aware now of what I eat. I decided that I need a weekly splurge, so we still eat out once a week. (I try not to go TOO crazy, but I do use my WW "flex" points.) Because we've been doing that, I haven't lost weight as quickly as I might otherwise, but I'm happier. =) And I've still been able to reach my goals. Anyway, if anybody has been thinking about joining WW, I highly recommend it. You have to sign up for the first three months all together, but I think after that you know the diet well enough that you don't have to renew your subscription. You can just keep track of your points in Excel, or even on paper. So it costs about $65 to lose the weight - I think it's worth it. Anyway, if anyone has any questions about it, feel free to contact me. I'm a big fan.

Oh, and I found a new chocolatey snack that I love... S'MORES!!! You can have one whole graham cracker, three squares of a regular-sized Hershey bar, and 2-3 marshmallows (depending on the brand) for 3 points! I roast the marshmallows with a fork over our gas stove and the chocolate gets all melty. Heaven on Earth.

No comments: