Saturday, August 9, 2008

Wonder of Wonders!!

It's amazing what you will find to eat when your cupboards are bare. All of a sudden, you are putting together snacks that you would not have considered before - just out of forced creativity. Anyway, last night we had "no" food in the house. I was hungry so I opened the freezer in desperation. I saw a bag of frozen shrimp that I usually keep on hand for pasta dishes and whatnot. I knew that shrimp was lean protein, but I didn't realize just HOW lean until I looked at the bag. 5 oz for 75 calories!!! That's about 17 medium shrimp for ONE POINT!!!

Needless to say, I grabbed those little shrimpers and ran them under some water, threw them on a paper plate, and had 1/4 cup of cocktail sauce with them for a YUMMY two point snack. Not as glamorous as the above picture, I admit, but quite satisfying and new.

P.S. I know it sounds like a very expensive snack. I guess it kind of is, but I usually buy shrimp at $2.99 a pound and stock up my freezer. So I guess the snack costs a little under a dollar. Good for protein.

No comments: