Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Sizzlin'

We discovered a "new" restaurant today: The Sizzler!! Their salad bar is $6.99 at lunch time and it was SO GOOD!! Everything was so fresh and they had so many great choices. All the veggies you can think of, lite ranch dressing, a bunch of fruits - they even had whole kiwis and avocados! It would even be good for those not on a diet. There were taco salad/nacho/burrito fixins, pizza, breadsticks, an ice cream machine with toppings, brownies, muffins, etc. Their veggie soup was really good too with big chunks of cauliflower, potatoes, pea pods, etc. I like being able to pick out what I'm going to eat and know what goes into the finished product so it's easy to count points. And then, of course, I had a brownie for dessert. At most restaurants, your meal is either tasteless and disappointing if you order the lite meal, or extremely fattening if you order something "good." So it was nice to splurge the exact amount I wanted to. Next time, however, I will ask them not to bring the cheese bread to our table. It makes it too tempting. It was really yummy, but I would have been fine without it.

No comments: